The Filmlings – Nothin’ But NolanPosted: February 7, 2017
Alex and Jonathan are watching closely this week as we examine Christopher Nolan’s technique and themes in Following (1998), The Prestige (2006), and Interstellar (2014). We discuss Nolan’s “temporal cross-cutting” technique, obsessive characters, and how he ranks with other top directors.
Also on iTunes
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Christopher Nolan on Following
- Interstellar Timeline Infographic
- Christopher Nolan Interview with Newsnight
- Why isn’t Christopher Nolan on the Level of Steven Spielberg?
- Alex onTwitter: @AlexGeringer
- Jonathan on Twitter: @JSSatchell
Next week we will be watching three adaptations of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice for Valentine’s day: